Why is it easier for Burton Waters to sell my boat than me?
Boats are our business. We know the market and understand exactly what buyers are looking for. Our regular dealings with boat manufacturers, engine distributors and specialist marine companies throughout the UK and Europe means that we know the unique selling points of your particular boat and how best to present it for sale.
Our experienced sales professionals are available to show potential customers around your boat and ensure that it is marketed to its full potential with the right pictures, details and specifications. Your boat will be included in our national advertising (all the major boating publications) and will feature on our website, one of the most popular boating sites on the web. We have an extensive client database, which is monitored daily and includes both UK and European clients.
Our complete brokerage service includes:
- Appraisal of your vessel when it arrives. We will advise what, if anything, needs doing to the boat to help it sell. We will also confirm if the suggested retail price is suitable.
- Assistance with the transportation of your vessel. A vessel sells quicker when it is lying with us, this enables customers to step on board and view it fully. It also allows customers to make comparisons with other boats.
- Free storage period.
- Valeting services
- Accompanied viewings
- Dedicated Client Account for collection of funds
- Extensive marketing both on the web (including full descriptions and photographs) and in boating publications.
- Regular mailshots to potential customers within our database, to advise of boats for sale.
- Clearance on any outstanding finance
- Regular progress reports
So how does it all work?
Our aim is to make the sale of your boat as quick and easy as possible. In order to market your boat with us, there are just a few easy steps:
- Speak to one of our Sales Team, who will make an initial appraisal of your boat, to establish a Retail Price for your boat. This will be based your boat being in a clean, saleable condition. They will also provide you with an anticipated Selling Price, run through commission and storage charges, answering any queries you may have.
- Once you have decided to sell your boat through us, a Brokerage Agreement will be posted out to you, emailed or can be downloaded.
- Return your completed Brokerage Agreement, along with copies of your boat Title. Upon receipt, your Agreement will be checked and your Title approved. Any anomalies with your title, which may prevent or slow down a sale, will be notified to you at this point.
- If your boat is lying elsewhere, our Sales Team can assist with arranging it’s transportation to Lincoln or Ipswich. To further assist, we can pay for your transport, which will be deducted from your pay out when the boat is sold, or become chargeable if removed.
- When your boat arrives, your Sales contact and our Sales Person and Workshop Manager will do an appraisal of your vessel. They will advise what, if anything, needs to be done in order to facilitate a speedy sale.
- When your boat is ready for sale, a specification and photos will be produced and sent to you for approval.
- When you are happy, the specification and photos will go live on the Internet and published in our various magazine advertising campaigns. Relevant potential customers will then be mailshot with details of your boat.
- You will receive regular feedback from your Sales contact, advising of any viewings and comments from those viewings.
Once a buyer is found and a deposit is received, the Sales contact will liaise with you throughout and sale, until completion and your pay out. We assist all our customers, throughout the sale, to ensure it goes as quickly and easily as possible, for both seller and buyer.
Please call either our Lincoln office (01522 567404) or Ipswich office (01473 225710) if you would like to discuss selling your boat with us, or use the Enquiry form at the top right of this page, to make an enquiry.
Alternatively, if you would like to submit details of your boat with a view to outright purchase by us, please use our sell your boat form, or if you have a general enquiry about selling your boat, please use the form to the right, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
“I was looking for a boat on the Internet and of course I was a bit worried dealing through internet and email abroad with the company and people totally unknown for me.
From the beginning I noticed and understood that I´m dealing now with real professionals. First I got all the necessary details from the boat quickly. They organized the price negotiations very effectively and correctly. They helped me to find their location to see the boat. During the deal all the answers came very quickly which I always find crucial when dealing with important matter for me. All the details were handled correctly, on-time and with very professional way. I wasn’t the most easy customer with many of small details, asks and tasks to do. Still, everything was organized perfectly, even extra work they did in their own workshop went perfectly. I found it very useful to get everything from the same sales person. They had their way to work, which was easy to understand and all the promises were kept 100%. All the documents including taxation documents they checked together with my adviser. Also he informed that Burton knows what they are going. Finally, I was happy with results in every detail which I still feel a bit unusual in boat business.
They even remembered me afterwards. I couldn’t ask more.”
R Ojala, Finland
“Burton Waters were chosen recently as our brokers for three reasons
Firstly past dealings were excellent when in 2003 we part exchanged our Sealine F33 for Sealine F37.
Secondly on the provisional inquiry we made about the Westwood A390 Burton Waters were very positive and immediately offered part exchange arrangements and brokerage sale arrangements.
Thirdly we considered Burton Waters a central location in the country for marketing the F37. We considered the location good for potential buyers North and South plus overseas via Robin Hood Airport.
Burton Waters endorsed our view that the F37 should be transported to their Marina and placed on brokerage February 2010 to take advantage of the early Spring market.
The marketing presentation was excellent, photographs external and internal very good Internet coverage and prominent hard standing display in Burton Waters Marina.
Burton Waters kept us well informed on the sale with feedback from potential buyers.
When the eventual buyer from Belgium visited at short notice we were very impressed when Burton Waters turned out at 5am in the morning to facilitate a test run on the tidal river Trent. The Managing Director Sales Manager and Admin person all turned in at that time in the morning. A sale was made and the paperwork dealt with most efficiently.”
Mr & Mrs Watkinson, Nottinghamshire