Burton Waters Boat Sales is now one of the largest boat dealerships in the UK with offices in Lincoln and Ipswich, providing a friendly and first-class service to all our customers helping them to find that perfect boat, whether a first-time boater or a more experienced sailor. Our business has developed significantly over the last ten years, and we are now selling boats in both the UK and Europe.
We have always been a delightful organisation to work for and our level of professionalism makes us the number one choice for many. A small, but friendly and flexible team, we are extremely proud of the fact that the majority of our staff have been with us for many years.
Burton Waters Boat Sales is a key player in the marine industry within the UK and we are seeking an engineer to join our busy sales and workshop facility at our Lincoln operation.
The ideal candidate would be from a marine leisure background, however as training will be given, this is not essential. Applicants with previous experience in the automotive, plant and agricultural industries will be considered. Normal hours of work are 8.00am to 5.00pm during the Summer months and 8.30am to 4.00pm during the Winter months, however you should be flexible and be prepared to work additional hours covering weekends and holidays during peak periods.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults on a variety of marine engines both inboard and outboard drive systems generators and 12 volt systems
- Ensuring all faults are recorded and suitable recommendations made
- Producing quotations, write-ups/reports on works carried out
- Applicants must have a good awareness of health and safety procedures in the workplace and exercise good housekeeping at all times
- Good time management
- A strong team player with the ability to also work alone
- Personable with good communication skills with customers and staff members
Office Manager, Ipswich
Burton Waters Boat Sales is one of the largest boat dealerships in the UK. Our Ipswich office located on Ipswich Haven Marina is now looking for an experienced Office Manager to join its sales and service operation to support its existing General Manager.
It is expected that the successful applicant will have extensive experience working in a similar role, showing confidence in the ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels, contributing to improved processes wherever possible. You should have a sound understanding of all the Microsoft Office Suite and be ready to learn new bespoke software used within the Company including its CRM system.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm and some weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required to cover holidays and events.
- Use of the Company’s CRM system to ensure all calls and new contacts are recorded in the system
- Maintaining strong relationships with the yacht brokers at the Company’s two sites
- Greeting visitors when necessary
- Assisting with the organisation of events held at the site during weekends
- Assisting with completion of sales admin paperwork following a boat sale
- Arranging/booking travel as necessary both nationally and internationally
- Assisting workshops – ordering parts, organising boat movements, completion timelines, processing invoices
- Co-ordinating aftersales department, being main point of contact for all customers once boat sales completed
- Process warranty claims and handle all warranty requests
- Smooth running of office and co-ordinate external contractors
- Team diary management
- Weekly sales reports
Necessary skills and experience:
- Confidence in dealing with internal and external individuals
- Experience in office administration, including working with suppliers
- Well-spoken individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a small office environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- A team player is a must
- Some weekend work will be required – on average one weekend/month to cover holidays and events
- Willingness to be flexible
- The ability and willingness to learn about boats and understand technical information